- Ag Info
- Farmer's Market
- Legislative Center
- About Us
Farm Bureau Board Celebrates Buildings 50th Anniversary
In February 1914 ag leaders within the county founded the Bureau County Agricultural Improvement Association. The name was changed in 1916 to the Bureau County Farm Bureau but the goals and objectives have remained the same and continue to serve the membership today.
When you mention the Bureau County Farm Bureau, members automatically think of the facility that has housed so many important events for this grassroots organization for half a century. In fact, in July 1960, the Bureau County Farm Bureau moved to its current site on Elm Place. According to the 75th Anniversary booklet, August 8, 1960 was the first board meeting at this location.
In order to celebrate each director serving in 1960 was invited to join the current board to celebrate this anniversary. After the reception the group posed for a photo. Past directors present at the celebration were Francis Snodgrass, Harold Steele and Bill Moreland.